Online Ordering Benefits and a Limited Time Offer
These phrases color our conversations, thoughts, newspapers, email, internet content, television and radio broadcast these days. We’re all doing our part to prevent contamination. Here is one more way you can stay safe and help local merchants.
My recommendation for online ordering:
1. Order directly from the merchant
2. Pick up your order from their location
Avoid delivery services such as Door Dash, Grub Hub and others (did you know they charge merchants from 25% to 32% to deliver your order?) to reduce the number of people handling your order. And 30% of delivery drivers admit they eat some of the food before delivering. Picking your food up yourself lets you enjoy a meal someone else cooks, comply with public health mandates and support local businesses struggling to stay afloat.
Merchant Benefits of Online Ordering & Pickup
- Eliminating delivery service fees with customer drive up helps the restaurant/merchant survive and lets them keep employees on the payroll.
- Keeps people working rather than laying them off or terminating their employment.
- Lets the merchant spend more time helping online customers rather than increasing cleaning protocols.
- Fewer people in their facility touching items and otherwise contaminating the area.
- Gain new customers with easy-to-use online ordering; once the quarantine is over, the new online ordering habit remains.
Additional Online Ordering Benefits for Merchants
- 30% of diners have ordered food from a restaurant’s website using phones or tablets.
- Online ordering is real and growing, accounting for 5-18% of overall restaurant sales.
- People prefer online ordering compared to calling because it’s easier, more accurate and more convenient.
- Restaurants offering online ordering see their customers order more often.
- Online ordering drives more revenue. 60% of people order takeout food at least once a week.
An Offer From Sales Sense Payments for Merchants
For a limited time, Sales Sense Payments is waiving its $499 set up fee for credit card processing. This gets you set up to take credit cards and enable your businesses’ online ordering.
Contact us TODAY for more information and help your business weather this crisis.
Customer Benefits of Online Ordering & Pickup
- Your order (take out food, lawn fertilizer, kids’ clothes, whatever) is touched by fewer people. For take out food orders, the food is prepped and boxed by the kitchen staff and handed to you. One or two people touch your order between cooking and pick up.
- Most store workers are now wearing nitrile gloves to minimize their exposure, also reducing your exposure.
- Ordering online from stores, such as Home Depot, Target, Costco and many others, keeps you out of the store itself (less exposure to crowds) and your goods (and credit cards) are handled by fewer people.
- Picking up from a restaurant saves the merchant money (25% to 32%), helping local businesses survive the pandemic.
- Some restaurants deliver the food themselves without delivery services, such as pizza eateries – a different business model but still important to patronize in the current environment.
- Credit cards and point-of-sale card readers are hotbeds of germs and bacteria. Order online and only you handle your card.
Stay healthy and safe!
Sales Sense Payments
Please visit SalesSensePayments.com for more information.