Sales Sense Payments is all about helping local business thrive, so I spend a lot of time networking and getting to know Rochester’s business owners and entrepreneurs. Unfortunately, there aren’t many great local networking event calendars or resources, so I often find myself spending quite a bit of time each month researching these opportunities online across dozens of different websites. I figure, why not make the most use of that time and share my list of events with you?
Take a look below at my list of the 7 Best Rochester networking events this November. While I can’t attend every event I bookmark, give me a heads up so I can keep an eye out for you if we will both be in attendance!
1. Rochester West Business Networking Event from TipClub
From the organizers: Join us for our powerful business networking event that comes with a unique twist. We use a structured format that allows for spotlight introductions followed by our famous “lightning round” so connections are made instantly!
- Date/Time: 11/9; 7:30am-9am
- Location: Dinosaur Bar-B-Que, 99 Court Street, Rochester, NY 14604
- Fee: Free for first timers
- Event Link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rochester-west-business-networking-event-for-november-2016-registration-26486408561?aff=es2
2. Rochester Chamber Networks After 5
From the organizers: Spend an evening under the stars without ever leaving the comfort of indoors when the DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester hosts Chamber Networks After 5. Mingle and make business contacts in DoubleTree’s newly renovated indoor garden and check out other updates recently done at one of the most unique hotels in the Rochester area. Enjoy snacks and a cash bar in the stunning atmosphere.
- Date/Time: 11/10; 5-7PM
- Location: DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester,1111 Jefferson Road, Rochester, NY 14623
- Fee: $15 for Chamber Members, $50 non-members
- Event Link: https://my.greaterrochesterchamber.com/nc__Event?id=a0r61000001xOslAAE
3. RYP Professional Development: 6th Annual Entrepreneur’s Expo
From the organizers: Rochester’s youngest business owners will be the focus of Rochester Young Professionals’ 6th Annual Entrepreneur’s Expo, a networking and business event.
- Date/Time: 11/17; 5:30-8:30PM
- Location: The Arbor Loft, 17 Pitkin Street, Rochester, NY 14607
- Fee: Free
- Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/311558002551039/?notif_t=event_calendar_create¬if_id=1475427036745523
4. November vBeer with VMUG and Splunk
From the organizers: Join our monthly vBeer event at Roc Brewing Co. and Splunk. Socialize with other members and technologists from around Rochester. Tour the brewery and drink some great Rochester beers. Registration is not necessary and only used for head count. So come join us for a fun night out!
- Date/Time: 11/17; 5:30-11PM
- Location: Roc Brewing Co, 56 S Union St, Rochester, NY 1460
- Fee: Free
- Event Link: http://www.vmwarevelocity.com/vbeers/november-vbeer
5. Rochester Women’s Network Orientation
From the organizers: Are you changing careers – new to the area – new to our network? A long-time member looking to reap more benefits from your RWN membership? Interested in learning more about what RWN has to offer? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are cordially invited to join us for an Orientation and Recruitment meeting. Learn more about RWN, one of the largest networking organizations of its kind. Network with new people and begin to take full advantage of a networking organization with 250 members from 200 local businesses, including 100 women owned businesses!
- Date/Time: 11/17; 5:30PM
- Location: 1598 Penfield Rd. Ste. 3, Rochester, NY 14625
- Fee: Free
- Event Link: https://www.runmyclub.com/RWN/eventcalendar.asp?id=209321
6. Monthly Young Professionals Happy Hour at Blossom Road Pub (Hosted by AMA Rochester)
From the organizers: Enjoy some great food specials and meet fellow marketers to put answers into action and solve the biggest problems in the marketing industry. We discuss a new topic every month. This a recurring monthly event on the 4th Tuesday. $1 Off Appetizers – $1 Off Wine – $1 Off Drafts
- Date/Time: 11/22; 6-8PM
- Location: The Blossom Road Pub, 198 Winton Road North Rochester, NY 14610
- Fee: Free
- Event Link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ama-rochester-monthly-young-professionals-happy-hour-tickets-27825611152
7. Flow B2B Kick Off at The Galley Restaurant in Spencerport, NY
From the organizers: Flow is a networking group focused on B2B businesses on the Erie Canalway. We want to connect and form alliances that result in the growth and advancement of our businesses, and to elevate tourism along the Erie Canalway and within our own communities. Join us for our first meeting as we make introductions and begin strategizing for prosperous 2017 tourism season!
- Date/Time: 11/30; 6:30-8:30PM
- Location: The Galley Restaurant, 94 S Union St., Spencerport, NY 14559
- Fee: Free
- Event Link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/flow-b2b-kick-off-rochester-tickets-28696668508
Want to get networking opportunities in your inbox? Sign Up!
Have an event you would like to see featured for next month?
Please send the following information to Mike Krause at email@example.com for consideration:
- Event Name:
- Brief paragraph about the event:
- Event Time/Date:
- Event Address:
- Event Fees: We prefer to feature free or low-cost events that are open to the general public
- Event Info/Registration Link:
About Sales Sense Payments
Sales Sense Payments can help save your business thousands of dollars a year in merchant processing fees. We also offer complete point-of-sale (POS) solutions and EMV-compliant credit card machines in addition to platforms for customer loyalty programs. If you process credit card transactions for customers, we can save you money. Sales Sense Payments is a Rochester-based business, deeply supportive of the success of our local businesses. Let’s talk!