Here is my roundup of great Rochester area networking events for January 2017. It’s a new year, and a great time to step out of your comfort zone to explore new opportunities for growing your business. A great way to take the first step is to make some valuable connections to other business owners and professionals in the community. You never know what unexplored opportunities are waiting to be discovered!
Take a look below at my list of the 6 Best Rochester networking events this January. I have also included my own seminar in number 3, which I hope you’ll be able to join me for as we discuss 10 actionable tips for driving more business to your doorstep. I hope you see you there, or bump into you at a networking event in the area.
1. Family First and Sales Sense Payments Wine and Chocolate Event!
About the event: Connect with professional business owners and enjoy some wine and chocolate!
- Date/Time: 2/8/17; 5:30-7:30PM
- Location: 2520 Browncroft Blvd Rochester, NY 14625
- Fee: FREE
- Event Link: Chocolate and Wine Networking Event
2. Member Open House at Arthur Murray
About the event: Please Join Us for a SPECIAL Brighton Chamber of Commerce Member Open House Networking Event
- Date/Time: 1/18/17; 5:30 – 7:30 PM
- Location: Arthur Murray Dance Studio 3400 Monroe Ave, Rochester, NY 14618
- Fee: Free for Members/$15.00 for non-members
- Event Link: https://www.brightonchamber.org/event-2396543
3. Seminar: 10 Ways to Drive More Traffic to Your Business
Join me for my own seminar!: I have been in the financial services industry for more than 20 years, and I will be sharing my insights and top 10 tips for driving more traffic to your business in this interactive seminar.
- Date/Time: 1/19/17; 7:45-9AM
- Location: The Highlands at Pittsford 100 Hahnemann Trail Pittsford, NY
- Fee: $5.00 for chamber members/$20 for non-chamber members
- Event Link: http://pittsfordchamber.org/events/2017/01/10-ways-to-drive-more-traffic-to-your-business-january-19/
4. Rochester Chamber of Commerce Speed Networking Event
About the event: Meet over 20 people in just over an hour with this non-conventional networking event. You will sit down for 3 minute mini-meetings. It’s an exciting combo of shameless self-promotion and forming new professional relationships and potential referral partners.
- Date/Time: 1/18/17; 7:30-9:30AM
- Location: Pole Position Raceway, Market Place Mall, 1 Miracle Mile Drive, Rochester, NY 14623
- Fee: $15 for Chamber Members, $50 non-members
- Event Link: https://my.greaterrochesterchamber.com/nc__Event?id=a0r6100000371CMAAY
5. Monthly Young Professionals Happy Hour at Blossom Road Pub (Hosted by AMA Rochester)
About the event: Enjoy some great food specials and meet fellow marketers to put answers into action and solve the biggest problems in the marketing industry. We discuss a new topic every month. This a recurring monthly event on the 4th Tuesday. $1 Off Appetizers – $1 Off Wine – $1 Off Drafts
- Date/Time: 1/24/17; 6-8PM
- Location: The Blossom Road Pub, 198 Winton Road North Rochester, NY 14610
- Fee: Free
- Event Link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ama-rochester-monthly-young-professionals-happy-hour-tickets-27825613158?aff=erelexpmlt
6. FemCity Rochester Morning Coffee Talk
About the event: This is a casual meet and greet for women in the Rochester area. Get to know the group members, and feel free to bring a friend. Be sure to bring business cards to share as you make connections!
- Date/Time: 2/2/17; 7:30-8:30AM
- Location: Panera Bread, 12 Corners, Brighton, NY 14618
- Fee: Free, RSVP required
- Event Link: http://www.femcity.com/events/femcity-rochester-jan17-morning-coffee-talk/
Want to get networking opportunities in your inbox? Sign Up!
Have an event you would like to see featured for next month?
Please send the following information to Mike Krause at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration:
- Event Name:
- Brief paragraph about the event:
- Event Time/Date:
- Event Address:
- Event Fees: We prefer to feature free or low-cost events that are open to the general public
- Event Info/Registration Link:
About Sales Sense Payments
Sales Sense Payments can help save your business thousands of dollars a year in merchant processing fees. We also offer complete point-of-sale (POS) solutions and EMV-compliant credit card machines in addition to platforms for customer loyalty programs. If you process credit card transactions for customers, we can save you money. Sales Sense Payments is a Rochester-based business, deeply supportive of the success of our local businesses. Let’s talk!